How to Boil Chestnuts at Home
Serve With: Sea salt, or put into Brussel sprout and cabbage dishes, or stuffings.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Yield: As many as you’d like!
1. Make an X on the flat side of the rinsed off nuts and place in a pot of cold water, double the depth of the chestnuts..
2. Bring to a boil for 5 min.
3. Cover and allow to sit for 1 hour.
4. Peel off the outer shell and inner skin.
5. Now they can be used to cook with, if desired, or eaten by themselves.
This is a fabulous addition to cabbage-type dishes and equally fantastic in stuffings…Try it for your Holiday bird!
I hope you enjoyed this Holiday Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Needing a new stock pot? Be sure to get a heavy duty one that will heat evenly with a good lid:
[tags]chestnuts, nuts, boiling, boiled chestnuts, snacks, Thanksgiving recipe, Christmas recipe, stuffing, healthy recipe, vegetarian recipe, vegan recipe[/tags]
- How to Roast Chestnuts at Home
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Scrumptious Sweet Potato Spoonbread
- Web Chef Review: Italian Chestnuts at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- How to Cook Brussel Sprouts & Chestnuts
- How to Cook with Holiday Turkey Leftovers – 4 Winning Recipes