There’s nothing like BBQ Turkey Legs!
My favorite place to eat these are at the Texas State Fair in Dallas, or even at Trader’s Village in Grand Prairie, Texas. They have some great treats to eat there!
Alas, I live in Canada, and there are times when I just want that same flavor…
With this method, I ensure those thick turkey legs are cooked through to the bone. In the instance of the pork ribs, I will boil them first, ensuring the meat is tender, and will fall off the bone.
The gorgeous grill marks you achieve on the turkey legs, as well as that tasty, smoky goodness, combine for a great result. The grill is an ideal way to finish this dish.
If you live in more Southern states of the USA, or if you’re an adventurous soul up North in the Winter, these BBQ turkey legs are a great option for Thanksgiving & Christmas taste buds that are tired of the “traditional.”
Otherwise, these turkey legs are marvelous in the Summertime as a great surprise for dinner.
How to BBQ Turkey Legs:
This 2 step cooking method works well with turkey for the grill. I do not show you the simple grilling portion in this show, but I do explain it.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve with: grilled corn-on-the-cob
Prep Time: 7 min
Roast Time: 30 – 40 min
Grill Time: 8 – 10 min
Serves: 2 people
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 turkey legs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt – to taste
- pepper – to taste
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- BBQ sauce – if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat turkey legs with olive oil & season on both sides with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper & paprika.
- Roast in oven uncovered in a roasting pan or on a cookie sheet with the side of the leg with the most skin on the top – about 30 – 40 min. Turn the legs halfway through. * Tip: If you have a meat thermometer & especially large turkey legs to roast, you may want to consider using this tool to help you determine doneness of 180 degrees F.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill turkey legs on all sides for a few minutes each until you get some beautiful grill marks on them. Baste the turkey with BBQ sauce, if desired.
- Remove & serve!
I hope you enjoy this Turkey Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Turkey Legs
- How to BBQ Pork Ribs + Video: Cooking Adventures with Kimberly
- How to Cook a Pork Loin Roast in the Oven
- How to Grill Mom’s BBQ Pork Ribs: Victoria Day Recipes
- How to Prepare a Turkey for Roasting + Video