This recipe for How to BBQ a Delicious Vegetable Medley is a great side dish to serve up for Father’s Day!
When the weather is warm and our gardens are in bloom, it is always a treat to cook outdoors on the grill.
Cooking them in this method gives you all the nutrition of fresh vegetables and the delicious charred flavor of outdoor cooking.
How to BBQ a Delicious Vegetable Medley:
This medley is another layer of great taste, when you are already cooking your meat on the grill, and it looks so pretty and inviting on a huge serving platter.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: about 15 min
Grill Time: 25 min
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 1 red pepper – thickly sliced
- 1 green pepper – thickly sliced
- 8 cobs of corn – with silks removed and some outer protective leaves pulled down to make a handle to hang on to while cooking the ear
- 2 sweet potatoes – par boiled and cut into thick slices
- 4 large potatoes – par boiled and cut into thick slices
- 2 large carrots – par boiled and cut into thick slices
- 1 cabbage – with outer leaves removed and cabbage head cut into wedges
- 12 Brussel sprouts
- 10 pearl onions – with outer layers removed
- 12 large mushrooms – cut into wedges or thickly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves cut in half
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- sprinkling of black pepper – to taste
- sea salt to taste – to taste
- Soak corn ears in cold water for about 40 min.
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F.
- Place all the vegetables, except the corn, on a large tray or baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil over them, making sure all vegetables are oiled. * Tip: It’s okay to use a brush to do this. Sprinkle with pepper, garlic powder and salt.
- Place an oiled mesh on the barbeque grill – a small cooling rack is okay.
- Place sliced peppers and mushrooms on the mesh and cook only until they get some smoke flavor and color on them. Set aside.
- Drain corn cobs and shake out any extra water. Place corn cobs on the grill and cook until the outside of the cobs are well cooked and show their grill marks. When done set aside. Pull the greenery off of one cob and taste the corn to be sure it is properly cooked. Set aside.
- Place the sweet and white potato slices on the grill, cooking until they have good grill marks on them and are cooked through.
- Place cabbage wedges and Brussel sprouts on the barbeque and cook till tender and the outer leaves are golden but still moist.
- Place pearl onions and garlic cloves on the mesh or small cooling rack on the grilling rack and cook only until barely having a golden tinge.
- Just before you are ready to serve the meal, line up all the vegetables on baking sheets and return to low heat on the barbeque to reheat through.
- If you have a large cutting board, the vegetables can be arranged on it for a beautiful presentation.
There is no doubt that your guests will enjoy this beautiful array of vegetables and they are so very tasty. You will want to serve this beautiful Vegetable Medley. Plain, old vegetables done this way can hold their own when paired with any main course.
How to BBQ a Delicious Vegetable Medley is a fabulous Summertime essential, and always a hit on occasions like Father’s Day.
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Chipotle & Honey Rubbed Corn-on-the-Cob + Video
- How to Grill Corn on the Cob on the BBQ
- How to Boil Corn on the Cob + Video
- How to Grill Pineapple Dessert: Father’s Day Flavor
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Healthy Green Garden Vegetable Soup