Sweet Jalapeno Mozzarella Cornbread Muffins from scratch, and they are going to a fellow gymnastics coach of mine, Sarah Morin at Gymnastics Energy, for doing me a great favour. Thanks, Sarah!
When I make cornbread, I like it sweet, so today, I’m using the basic recipe for my Kickin’ Sweet Southern Cornbread and kicking that up with some “jalapeno popper” flavor.
Type: Muffin Recipe
Serve With: Softened butter
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 10-12 mins
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen muffins
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese – * optional
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper – finely chopped; minus seeds and veins
- * 2-3 dashes Chipotle chili powder – * optional
- * 2/3 cup whole kernel corn – * optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, on the convection setting, if you have that on your oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients, including jalapeno pepper, and whole kernel corn (optional).
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy, and mix with milk.
- Pour half of wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine evenly. Add remaining amount of wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and combine evenly.
- Into sprayed muffin pans, pour cornbread batter til cups are 3/4 full.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, starting to check on them at 8 minutes, or until golden brown and tester comes out clean.
These were ‘rockstar’ muffins! So yummy.
I hope you enjoy this Pepper Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Sweet Cornbread Muffins from Scratch
- How to Bake Buckwheat Sour Cherry Muffins with Honey Glaze
- How to Bake Rhubarb Poppyseed Yogurt Muffins
- How to Bake Blueberry Spelt Muffins
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Banana Muffins