It’s tasty, it’s easy, it’s easy to switch up with different flavors, perfect for a snack, dessert or a breakfast item.
I get a ton of requests for different banana breads through my Neighbourhood Chef menu, and this is one of them…
Enjoy this bread with seasonal berries, or use frozen berries, if desired or necessary.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Yield: 1 loaf
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 2 cups flour – all purpose
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup tea – lukewarm, or water
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 large, ripe bananas – mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, tea, jam, honey, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly. Stir in strawberries gently.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Strawberry Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen! Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Damson Plum Banana Quick Bread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch
- How to Bake Banana Cranberry Quick Bread
- How to Bake Raspberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread