I want you to enjoy the experience of learning How to Bake Salami, Zucchini & Tomato Pizza with Roberto’s Gluten-Free Crust.
The pre-made crust frozen, in a sealed package that includes its’ own baking tray, and they are easily stored in your freezer. They bake up to yield an 8 slice pizza.
- Note: These crusts can be purchased at Roberto’s Pizza Passion at 22 Facer St., St. Catharines, ON, or they can be delivered along with a pizza order – 905-938-5525 – RobertosPizzaPassion.com
Zucchini is an underrated vegetable, in my opinion, and I am constantly looking for great ways to use it to get them into our diet. A pizza is the perfect venue to feature this tasty & versatile veggie.
Salami is the featured star of this recipe, imparting great, spicy flavor. It affords you the choice of leaving it whole, or slicing it in different shapes or sizes to accommodate your particular pizza. Many primarily use pepperoni for pizza, but salami is a marvelous switch.
Salami, Zucchini & Tomato Pizza with Roberto’s Gluten-Free Crust:
- Note: The gluten-free pizza crust from Roberto’s Pizza Passion is to be used immediately from the freezer, topped & baked quickly. I find this yields my best results.
Type: Pizza Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 10 – 14 min
Yield: 8 slice pizza
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 frozen gluten-free pizza crust – I used Roberto’s Pizza Passion Gluten-Free Pizza Crust.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 cup pizza sauce – I used Roberto’s Pizza Passion Pizza Sauce.
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups mozzarella – grated
- 6 pieces salami – whole, sliced or cut, as you desire
- 1 doz zucchini medallions
- 1 tomato – sliced
- red chili flakes – to taste
- freshly cracked pepper – to taste
- basil leaves – torn; optional
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F.
- Remove packaging from frozen pizza crust & brush the pan and pizza crust with olive oil.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust & sprinkle with 1/2 the mozzarella.
- Toss sliced zucchini with olive oil & layer on the pizza.
- Assemble remaining toppings & top with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper & chili flakes, as desired.
- Bake at 550 degrees for 10 – 15 min, or until crust is golden & cheese is bubbly.
- Slice with a mezzaluna, pizza cutter or knife, and serve your beautiful pizza immediately.
- Tip: Try variations of toppings for a truly customized, specialty pizza.
Location of Roberto’s Pizza Passion:
- 22 Facer St., St. Catharines, Ontario
- phone: 905-938-5525
- website: RobertosPizzaPassion.com
This spicy salami, zucchini & tomato pizza with Roberto’s gluten-free crust is a really tasty combination that will satisfy your pizza cravings.
- Web Chef Review: Roberto’s Pizza Passion Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
- How to Bake Wild Asparagus & Sausage Pizza with Roberto’s Gluten-Free Pizza Crust + Video
- How to Bake Meatball, Broccoli & Enoki Mushroom Pizza with Roberto’s Gluten-Free Crust + Video
- Web Chef Review: Roberto’s Pizza Passion Hand-Tossed Deluxe Pizza
- How to Make a Harvest Barn Specialty Pizza + Video