A simple & tasty recipe for How to Bake Pork Sausages in Puff Pastry is a great one to have up your sleeve.
This makes a nice change for children who bring lunch to school every day.
Baked Pork Sausages in Puff Pastry:
This recipe is so easy to make, and goes a long way to satisfying those hunger pains.
Type: Appetizer Recipe
Prep Time: 7 – 8 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Bake Time: 8 – 10 min
Yield: Serves 2
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- I like to saute my pork sausages slightly for about 5 min before using them in my puff pastry. Then, set them on a paper towel to absorb some of the grease.
- Open package of puff pastry, unroll the pastry and cut in half.
- Using rolling pin, roll out to a rectangle about 6 x 8 inches.
- Line up the sausages along the long edge of the rectangle, and roll up snugly to the end.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sausage in pastry into 2 inch long pieces.
- Place puff pastries on a baking sheet with the sausage facing up and bake 8 – 10 min or until the pastry is a golden brown color.
Some children like to dunk their sausages in ketchup, mustard or honey. Provide small packets of the preferred dip.
Baked Pork Sausages in Puff Pastry is a quick meal you can make for your kids for their school lunch, and is easier than you may have thought.
- How to Bake Sausage Puffs: Tailgating Central
- Catch the Podcast of School Lunch Ideas with Kimberly on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- Web Chef Review: Tenderflake Puff Pastry
- How to Make Apple, Granola, Peanut Butter & Honey Snack
- Back to School Lunch Ideas with Web Chef Kimberly on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’