Well, it doesn’t have to be a dilemma…just bake something amazing or make a smoothie!
Today, I’m showing you a recipe from scratch for Peanut Butter Banana Muffins that you’ll be so excited not only to make, but to devour. These are really tasty tidbits, and I made the small sized muffins today for a change. They are adorable and delicious too. Plus, they were super fast and easy to make.
Experiment in the kitchen with different ingredients you could add like dried fruits, nuts, seeds, cocoa/chocolate, coffee…whatever you think would be delicious with banana and/or peanut butter.
Type: Muffin Recipe
Serve With: Milk or Tea & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10-11 mins
Yield: 3 dozen small muffins
* The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 2 cups flour – all purpose, or 1/2 & 1/2 whole wheat + all purpose
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp bee pollen – * optional
- 3/4 cup peanut butter – smooth or chunky
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup tea – lukewarm, or water
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 large, ripe bananas – mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda.
- In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, peanut butter, tea, honey & eggs. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into greased/sprayed muffin tins/pans and bake in pre-heated oven for 10-12 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean, and muffins are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
Well, that was one of the best ways to use up ripe bananas in your house! Try it…you’ll like it!
I hope you enjoy this Banana Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Banana Peanut Bread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Banana Cranberry Quick Bread