This bread is a delicious, spiced homemade bread as an accompaniment to soups and stews.
Try this bread recipe with my Moroccan Chickpea Soup – it’s perfect!
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Softened butter or olive oil, and Moroccan Chickpea Soup
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs 35 min
Yield: 1 loaf
- 3/4 cup tea or water
- 3/4 cup pumpkin or sweet potato puree
- 1 tbsp butter – or meat drippings
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups bread flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand.
- 1 1/3 cups garbanzo flour
- 1 3/4 tsp bread machine yeast – I prefer Fleischmann’s brand.
- Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir/pan wet ingredients first, followed by dry ingredients, yeast last.
- Turn on the machine to the Dark dough cycle, if you have one. * Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
- It takes 2 hr, 35 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
- When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
- Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
Serve with softened butter or dunked in olive oil.
I hope you enjoyed this Moroccan Food Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]Moroccan food recipe, Moroccan spices, Moroccan spice bread, bread machine recipe, Moroccan bread, African food recipe, African bread[/tags]
- How to Bake Cranberry Rye Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Kicked Up Sweet Cornbread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mixed-Up Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine