My sister made these delicious Ham Pasties & I enjoyed them so much that I have added them to my list of favorite recipes.
When I cook a ham, I usually save a few cupfuls of ham to make pasties.
How to Bake Ham Pasties:
Type: Pastry Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- Using my favorite recipe for pie pastry, I roll the dough to just under 1/4 inch thickness & using a 4 inch circular cutter, cut out as many circles as your pastry recipe makes & have them ready for the ham filling.
- 1 1/2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ginger – grated
- 1/8 tsp horseradish – grated
- 1/4 tsp parsley – finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until everything is coated with mayonnaise & spices are dispersed throughout.
Assembly & Baking Instructions:
- In the center of each circular piece of pastry dough you’ve cut out, place about 1 tbsp filling.
- Fold each circle in half & seal the edges using a fork to compress the edges.
- Using an egg wash, brush top of each pastie. At this point, tops of pasties can be sprinkled with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Place pasties on cookie sheets & bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 – 15 min or until top is golden brown.
- Note: Pasties can be frozen before baking & then baked as needed.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Ham Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Mom’s Classic Pie Crust
- How to Bake Sausage Puffs: Tailgating Central
- How to Make Cottage Cheese Perogies: National Pierogi Day
- How to Bake Rustic Irish Soda Bread + Video
- How to Bake Pumpkin Bread in a Bread Machine