I have a number of bread machine recipes on Cooking with Kimberly, so be sure to check them out too…However, this is a great way to incorporate cranberries into your diet, create something fun to eat during the Holidays, and/or a good way to use up cranberry sauce from Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Rye bread is one of my favorite types of bread, and adding cranberries really makes something special!
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Softened butter or softened cream cheese
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs 35 min
Yield: 1 loaf
- 3/4 cup tea – room temperature or water
- 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp flax seeds – or whatever seeds you prefer
- 1 1/3 cups rye flour
- 2 cups bread flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand.
- 1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast – I prefer Fleischmann’s brand.
* Tip: If you’d like a sweeter bread, add 2 tbsp brown sugar or molasses to the reservoir with the liquid components.
- Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir/pan wet ingredients first, followed by dry ingredients, yeast last.
- Turn on the machine to the Dark dough cycle, if you have one. * Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
- It takes 2 hr, 35 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
- When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
- Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
My family could eat loaves of this bread. Try the recipe! You’ll love it too!
I hope you enjoyed this Cranberry Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the this Free 14-day Trial for Online Cooking School!
Technorati Tags: cranberry bread, rye bread, rye bread recipe, how to bake bread, how to use a bread machine, dark bread, homemade bread, how to bake, rye cranberry bread, bread machine recipes, bread recipe, cranberry recipe, cranberries
- How to Bake Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Moroccan Spice Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Pumpkin Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Gingered Coconut Banana Bread for the Bread Machine