You have found the BEST Cinco de Mayo recipe out there this year, hands down…
These are probably my favorite cookies ever. They give you a spicy cinnamon flavor that rivals the best hot cinnamon hearts with the crunch of a cookie.
They are easy to make, have exciting ingredients in them, they are ridiculously tasty, they are a great conversation piece, and are a killer midnight snack to boot.
You are able to bake these cookies to be chewy or crunchy. The crunch cookies have a flavor reminiscent of fire-roasted marshmallows…Oh yeah!
Try out a different kind of cookie. You will absolutely love them.
Type: Cookie Recipe
Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 14-15 mins
Yield: 2 dozen
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 3 cups ground Sweet Cinnamon CheeCha Puffs – crisp rice cereal size
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup minus 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon – I used Saigon Cinnamon.
- 3-5 dried piri piri chilies – finely ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups dates – chopped to chip-sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup peanut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour into large mixing bowl and add all other dry ingredients, except for the ground Sweet Cinnamon CheeCha Puffs, and evenly combine by stirring, including chopped dates.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into large mixing bowl with dry ingredients and stir with a large spoon until everything is evenly combined.
- Gently fold the ground Sweet Cinnamon CheeCha Puffs into the mixture using the least number of stirs possible.
- Onto greased cookie sheets, drop the batter by heaping tablespoon, ~ 1 dozen per cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 14-15 mins or until golden brown. * Tip: Start checking the cookies around 12 minutes. For chewy cookies take out 2 minutes earlier than if you want crunchy cookies. The crunchier cookies are reminiscent of the flavor of fire-roasted marshmallows.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Then, gently transfer cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
I hope you enjoy this Mexican Food Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
CheeCha Puffs: CheeCha.ca
Fine Food: Qualifirst.com
Knives: ProChefGearPlus.com – use discount code “kimberly” for 15% off
Hot Pads: Sherry Gomez @ 22qCentral.org
Tank Top: UniGirlCanada.com
Styling: “K, Turn Around” Fashion – KTurnAroundJewelry.info
Music: “Beachfront Celebration” by Kevin MacLeod – Incompetech.com
Jewelry: KTurnAroundJewerly.info – use discount code “kimberly” for 15% off
Summer Body: Register for Classes @ BAMNiagara.ca
- How to Bake Apricot Sesame Breadcrumb Cookies
- How to Bake Breadcrumb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe: Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- How to Bake Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
- How to Bake Sweet Potato Chai Bread Pudding