Chiles Rellenos is a marvelous Mexican dish that’s great for dinner, but even better for breakfast!
Chiles Rellenos originated in the city of Puebla, Mexico.
How to Bake Chiles Rellenos:
Type: Breakfast Recipe
- 6 medium-large poblano peppers
- 2 1/4 cups Monterrey Jack cheese – shredded
- 3/4 cup stale bread – crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 large scallions – minced
- cilantro – chopped for garnish
- warm salsa – to serve with
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Roast 6 medium – large poblano peppers. Allow to cool in a sealed plastic or paper bag.
- Peel off the burnt skin, and make a slit in the side of each pepper. Remove the seeds & veins.
- Pat dry with paper towels, and transfer to a buttered baking dish.
- Mix shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, scallions, and crumbled stale bread that’s been lightly sauteed in peanut oil.
- With the palms of your hands, form cheese/bread mixture into 6 ovals & stuff each oval into the middle of each pepper. Carefully reshape the peppers as best you can.
- At this point, you can bake with or without a baked batter coating. It’s up to you.
- Bake for 15 – 20 min uncovered in the oven.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with warm salsa.
Chiles Rellenos is one of the nicest breakfasts to make when you want a change. Tasty & well worth the effort. Yummy.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Mexican Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Huevos Rancheros
- How to Make Beef Burritos: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Bake Savory Mole Breakfast Bread Pudding (Mole Man-Quiche)
- How to Cook Ground Beef Nachos: International Nacho Day
- National Taco Day: How to Cook Ground Beef Tacos