It allows you to throw your food into the oven, and gives you the ability to walk around and take care of other chores around the house while it bakes. You don’t have to babysit it!
This is a Southwest Baked Chicken I’m showing you in the video below and providing the recipe for. However, take this technique and run with it. The sky is the limit when it comes to changing the seasonings you use, or the type of crumbs you use.
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen with this recipe!
Type: Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: ~ 1 hr total
Yield: Serves 3
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 3 chicken quarters
- 1 1/2 cups tortilla chip crumbs
- 1 tsp Adobo seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, on convection if you have that function.
- Wash chicken quarters.
- Combine tortilla chip crumbs and all seasonings in a shallow baking dish.
- Coat chicken quarters with the crumbs and shake off any excess, but be sure they are completely covered.
- On a lightly greased or sprayed cookie sheet arrange chicken quarters with skin side up, making sure to give them space, ensuring the chicken pieces are not touching.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, then turn chicken quarters over.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes on other side.
- Flip chicken quarters over once more to finish baking with the skin side up.
- Remove from oven and serve with tasty side dishes.
I hope you enjoy this Southern Food Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
P.S. Here is the most Precious Fan video I have EVER received, in regards to this exact show:
- How to Bake Homemade Tortilla Chips
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Chicken Quarters
- How to Cook Chipotle Crusted Pork Chops + Video
- How to Slow Roast Chicken with the Best Skin Ever
- How to Cook the Best Tandoori Chicken Wings