Instead of the usual, I wanted to kick it up even more with some great flavor and while looking in my pantry, noticed my jar of candied ginger and immediately knew, this was my `piece de resistance`for today`s banana bread recipe.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Yield: 1 loaf
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup candied ginger – chopped
- 1 cup flour – sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter – softened
- 1/8 cup tea
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp bee pollen – * optional
- 1 tbsp flax seeds – * optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash 4 bananas with a potato masher.
- Add sugar, eggs vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Add softened butter, and evenly combine with spoon or whisk.
- Add wheat germ, candied ginger, bee pollen (optional), ground ginger, and sifted flour, and stir to evenly combine with a wooden spoon.
- If batter looks a little dry, add some water, milk or cold tea 1 tbsp at a time until it looks like the correct consistency.
- Pour into a bread pan, approximately 1/2 full.
- Slice last banana and coat in a bowl with honey. Top the batter evenly with the honeyed banana slices.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Around 55 minutes, check on it by inserting a testing utensil. If it comes out clean from the centre, it is finished. If it is still slightly wet, it is not baked completely. Keep banana bread in for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
I hope you enjoy this Ginger Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Gingered Coconut Banana Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Banana Peanut Bread
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins