What did I think of immediately? Banana bread, of course!
I’m letting you in on how my brain works to creatively make up recipes in your kitchen, as I tell you how I like to substitute ingredients, how to, and why I do what I do.
This recipe was winged on camera with bits and pieces I had in my fridge & pantry today to create a unique quick bread recipe that you can easily make yourself too. Today’s recipe is loosely based upon the measurements in my Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Quick Bread Recipe.
Try experimenting yourself, like I do…it’s actually a lot of fun once you get the hang of things, and will become second nature to you at some point.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Yield: 1 loaf
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 2 cups flour – whole wheat, all purpose
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp jam/preserves – I used raspberry & apricot
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup tea – lukewarm, or water
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 large, ripe banana – mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda.
- In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, tea, jam, honey, eggs and dried cranberries. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk and Enjoy!
Experiment, Eat, Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Banana Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Damson Plum Banana Quick Bread
- How to Bake Raspberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Strawberry Banana Bread