…so I wanted something that was a bit sweet, maybe warm and really delicious, maybe reminiscent of being a tiny bit healthy too would be good, to alleviate the guilt! LOL
So, I thought I would make some breadcrumb cookies after looking through my ingredients and what I had in the pantry.
I dreamed up a bit of an Asian inspired flavor, as I had made a stir fry for dinner.
Apricot Sesame Breadcrumb Cookies it is! Now, don’t turn your nose up at the word breadcrumb! It’s an often-overlooked ingredient that’s more than likely in your pantry already.
I’ve shared with you my Breadcrumb Chocolate Chip Cookies, and they were stellar, but these are marvelous in their own right!
Enjoy…these are amazing & could be highly addictive. Just sayin’!
Photo right: Going into the oven
Type: Cookie Recipe
Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 14-15 mins
Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup dried apricot – finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup peanut oil – or vegetable oil
- 1 heaping tbsp apricot jam/preserves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour into large mixing bowl and add all other dry ingredients and evenly combine by stirring.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into large mixing bowl with dry ingredients and stir with a large spoon until everything is evenly combined.
- Onto un-greased cookie sheets, drop the batter by heaping tablespoon, ~ 1 dozen per cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 14-15 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Then, gently transfer cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
I hope you enjoy this Baking Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Breadcrumb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Bake Chili Cinnamon CheeCha Drop Cookies
- How to Bake Granola at Home
- How to Bake Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies