How to Make Horchata for all Occasions
I discovered this drink that is common in Hispanic communities, and I thought it was delicious! However, I thought I could make it myself at home, and sure enough, I can and it is fabulous! ~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
Serve With: If you would like to mix this drink, you may add brandy, rum (I prefer Bacardi Anejo), or Tequila (in which case they call it “Agua Loco” or “Crazy Water”).
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min, if you need to cook the rice
Yield: ~ 5 1/2 cups
1. Blend together all ingredients in a blender.
2. You can serve as is, on ice, or add ice in the blender.
Man, I just love this stuff! I thought it would be perfect for the Holidays, instead of the typical EggNog…
I hope you enjoyed this installment of Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. I found a great product for those of you, who would need to drink soy milk, but still want Horchata:
[tags]horchata, Mexican drink, beverage, agua loco, Holiday recipe, cinnamon rice drink, rice drink, cinnamon, rice[/tags]
- How to Make Kimberly’s Panama-Nog
- How to Make Kimberly’s Canadian Homemade Holiday Eggnog
- How to Make Kimberly’s Boza
- How to Make a Tropical Chocolate Dreamsicle
- How to Make ‘That’s Chelada’ – aka Buddy Mary