It’s hard to believe that the humble potato goes from living in the dirt underground to gracing the tables of the poorest to the elite dining of the most rich & famous.
Filled with nature’s goodness, we have found hundreds of ways to prepare this wonderful food.
From the favored French Fry to Potatoes Romanoff, and everything in between. They are unquestionably delicious & versatile.
When a potato is peeled, you come across little eyes, which we just gouge out & discard, but if those eyes are reserved and planted in soil, you could get a new potato plant!
Trying this with out children could give them an example of nature’s way of replenishing itself.
Deep Fried Potatoes:
- oil – peanut, vegetable, canola, etc.
- salt – to taste
- Preheat electric deep fryer with proper amount of oil, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Wash potatoes. Peel, if desired, but not necessary.
- Cut potatoes into desired size and shape – French fries, steak fries, shoestring, medallions…
- Thoroughly dry all potatoes with linen tea towel or paper towels to soak up any excess liquid the potatoes have on them or leech before cooking.
- Put potatoes in fry basket that comes with your deep fryer and close the lid securely, as directed.
- Depending upon your machine, it likely will take 4 – 7 min before the timer goes off or they are golden brown upon inspection.
- Drain on paper towels quickly before serving, if desired, and sprinkle salt and/or seasoning of choice.
Voila! You have golden, crispy, tasty fries.
There’s nothing better. Try this recipe! ~ Ingrid Turner
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Food Fun on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook BBQ Smoked Paprika Canadian Fries: Canada Day Cookout
- How to Cook Mom’s Silver Dollar Potatoes
- How to Guarantee You Get Fresh French Fries at McDonald’s
- National Fried Scallops Day: Deep Fried Scallops Recipe
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Potato Bites + Video