What to make? What’s super tasty, quick & easy? Quesadillas!
Surprisingly enough, quesadillas are speedy to make and can be packed with utter deliciousness to curb that late night craving!
Tonight, I thought outside of the box to make a specialty quesadilla that’s not Mexican in flavors.
Type: Snack Recipe
Serve With: Salsa, if desired
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Yield: Serves 3
- 2 large soft tortillas – I used a multi-grain tortilla tonight
- 100 grams soft goat cheese
- 1 dozen crimini mushrooms – sliced
- 1/4 large onion – sliced
- 1 clove garlic – thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup roasted red peppers – sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley – chopped
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat a large frying pan on medium high heat with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- In another large frying pan, preheat to medium-low heat with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and sauté onions, mushrooms and add garlic lastly until just softened.
- Evenly distribute olive oil in pan once it’s heated, reduce heat to medium, and place 1 tortilla in pan and allow to get golden brown on one side, then flip to the other side. Remove from pan and repeat with 2nd tortilla.
- After flipping 2nd tortilla in pan, add ingredients evenly distributed over the entire surface of golden side.
- Once all ingredients are evenly distributed over the surface of bottom tortilla, place other golden tortilla on top and allow to heat through for 2-3 minutes.
- Place a dinner plate surface side down on top of quesadilla in pan and flip over holding onto the plate. Slide the quesadilla back into the pan so as to heat the other side of the quesadilla and allow to heat through for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Slide out of frying pan onto a cutting board and slice as you would a pizza into slices.
- Serve with sauce of your choice or by itself.
Absolutely delicious!!! Try other ingredients that you enjoy together including different meats, vegetables, herbs and even seafood.
I hope you enjoyed this Quick Meal Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]quesadillas, quesadilla, quesadilla recipe, late night snack, snack recipe, quick meal, quick meal recipe, goat cheese recipe[/tags]
- How to Cook Tomato, Ham & Cheese Quesadillas
- Web Chef Review: Desert Pepper Trading Co. Quesadilla Maker
- How to Cook Spicy Cream Cheese Stuffed Tortilla Rolls
- How to Make Classic Cinnamon Toast
- How to Bake Classic Pita Pizzas