This doesn’t sound delicious, but surprisingly, it is rather tasty, and it WORKS! This is an old family remedy…Try it, you’ll be glad you did… ~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
Type: Home Remedy
Prep Time: 3 min
Cook Time: Sitting overnight…
Yield: 3-4 tbsp remedy
- 1 medium onion – roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- When you start to feel like you may be getting a cold or sick, immediately chop up an onion roughly and put it in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar on top and toss onions.
- Cover bowl with aluminum foil and allow to sit on the counter overnight: ~ 6-8 hrs.
- The onion will have released it’s moisture because of the sugar and will have created a syrup. Take as much as was created. * Tip: Repeat if necessary.
I promise it doesn’t taste gross at all…and it does work! Enjoy good health!
If you’re looking for another natural home remedy for sore throats or colds, check out this great recipe for a natural cure:
I hope you enjoy this Onion Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
[tags]onion, cold remedy, home remedy, natural cure, vegetarian, vegan, onions[/tags]
- How to Prepare a Cedar Sore Throat & Cold Remedy
- How To Peel Small Onions Quickly & Easily
- How to Cook Caramelized Onions
- How to Make Lemonade from Scratch + Video: Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie
- Manuka Honey’s Not Just For Baking Anymore!