Serve With: Goose, duck, pheasant, cornish hens, turkey or chicken
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: Depends upon type and size of bird
Yield: ~ 6 1/2 cups
1. Combine fruits in a bowl, and pour enough boiling water over top to cover them. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
2. Strain liquid from dried fruit.
3. To softened dried fruit, add bread, rice, celery, butter, salt and pepper and combine.
4. Stuff bird (either goose, duck, pheasant, Cornish hens, chicken or turkey) with dressing.
5. Roast bird according to directions for that particular bird.
6. When bird is roasted, remove dressing to a serving dish, and serve as an accoutrement to the bird.
7. Enjoy with a fabulous Holiday Feast!
This is so delicious and I am always so excited when we eat goose!!! It is so festive!
I hope you enjoyed this Holiday Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Please be sure to Subscribe to this Blog!
- How to Cook Turner Family Poultry Stuffing
- How to Brine a Whole Chicken
- How to Roast the Most Delicious Traditional Holiday Turkey
- How to Make Kimberly’s Ultimate Holiday Turkey Brine
- How to Cook with Holiday Turkey Leftovers – 4 Winning Recipes