We don’t often think of Celery as a versatile food, but the tender leaves are lovely used in nearly all savory foods – either fresh or dried.
Celery salt is actually powdered, tender celery leaves combined with salt.
Celery seeds used for flavor are the seeds of wild celery, which is grown specially for the seeds, which are intense in flavor, and should be sparingly used in bouillon, stocks, pickles, seafood dishes & salad dressings.
Celery adds a lot of flavor to stir fries, soups & stews, and marries well with lemon, cheeses, cream, dill, chives, parsley. Stuffed with peanut butter or creamed cheese, even Gorgonzola is absolutely yummy inside of celery ribs.
Chopped celery in salads is tasty & the lightest pale stalks or the heart are the most tender & most delicious.
Who would have thought that celery was so versatile?
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Celery Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Grill Mom’s BBQ Pork Ribs: Victoria Day Recipes
- How to Make Super Food Salad with Pork Ribs & BBQ Balsamic Vinaigrette + Video
- How to Make Lemon Poppyseed Garlic Chicken Salad
- How to Make Spinach, Citrus & Avocado Salad: Valentine’s Day Treats
- How to Make Crab & Lobster Salad