This is the perfect recipe to use up all of those hard-boiled, colored eggs from Easter! My favorite way to eat egg salad sandwiches are when the eggs are still warm from being cooked! Yum! I even like egg salad for breakfast!!!
I always try to add healthy ingredients whenever possible…flax seeds are great in this recipe!
~ Kimberly Edwards ;D
Type: Salad Recipe
Serve With: Bread of your choice for sandwiches, or a bed of lettuce
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 7 min
Yield: ~ 3 generous sandwiches
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 2 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
- * 1/2 tsp flax seeds – * optional
- * 1/8 tsp dill seeds – * optional
- 1/8 tsp dill weed
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch celery salt
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- In a medium pot, 3/4 fill the pot with water and add ~ 1 tsp salt, and bring to a boil. * Tip: Adding salt to water increases the temperature at which the water will boil. Thus, cooking food faster.
- Add eggs gently, so as not to crack them on the bottom of the pot, and bring down to a good simmer for 7-8 min.
- Dump hot water out of pot and add cold water, leaving pot under running cold water tap, until pot has cooled down. Leave eggs in pot of cold water for ~ 1-2 min to cool enough to handle.
- Peel eggs and combine together with mayonnaise, flax seeds, paprika, dill weed, dill seeds, cayenne pepper, celery salt, black pepper and sea salt in a bowl.
- With a potato masher, mash eggs and mix ingredients until just combined.
- Serve egg salad on fresh bread for a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce for a salad.
Egg salad sandwiches are staples for long road trips, and remind me of going to the beach with my grandmother when I was little…she would always make egg salad sandwiches and pink lemonade!!! I hope you enjoy my twist on things!
Enjoy this Egg Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
P.S. In need of a potato masher? This is the type of masher I prefer…Check it out here:
[tags]egg salad, egg salad sandwich, eggs, Easter recipe, egg, sandwich, salad[/tags]
- How to Make a Different Kind of Chicken Salad Sandwich
- How to Make Cucumber Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Boil Eggs: Soft Boiled & Hard Boiled + Video
- How to Cook Stained Glass Potatoes
- How to Bake Cottage Cheese n’ Dill Bread