November is Good Nutrition Month, and maintaining a healthy diet & lifestyle is essential to being in good health.
We eat to meet those needs, but also because we enjoy the act of eating, tasting the sweet, sour & savory provided by our food choices.
Eating with Your Senses:
We enjoy using our senses while eating.
- Seeing the beauty of our food so lovingly prepared.
- If hot, we hear it sizzle, or as you chew.
- We smell the mouth watering food.
- We taste the complex flavors flooding our mouths & taste buds.
- We feel the texture of the food as we bite & chew, as well as the feeling of being satisfied after a good meal.
It’s amazing that we have eating & enjoyed our food on so many levels, and on top of that, we have ingested the nutrients that continue to fuel the engine that keeps our bodies running optimally.
Think about this…When you have your next meal, consciously be aware of using your senses while you eat – see, hear, smell, taste, feel, and appreciate your healthy body as it receives those good nutrients.
For Healthy Recipes:
Cooking Shows: Healthy Recipes + Reviews
Good Nutrition Month doesn’t have to be so uptight now, does it?
- Nutrition Facts for the Foods You Eat
- Food Senses: Hunger & Eating
- Smoking Destroys Your Taste Buds – Taste & Smell
- Cooking: Did it Make Us Human?
- Wake Up! It’s National Breakfast Month