Creamy Malibu Coconut Dipping Sauce is exactly what you want when serving up plump, juicy, coconut shrimp!
So…We are at the cottage and about to heat some breaded coconut shrimp in the oven…Yes, I like convenience sometimes too…and they usually come with a great Pina Colada-type dipping sauce (although there is never enough of it to go around). However…this package we have doesn’t have a sauce.
Well, go classic cocktail sauce? Nope, no horseradish at the cottage…
So, I came up with this great recipe, and it was just what we wanted (and had the ingredients for)!
Creamy Malibu Coconut Dipping Sauce:
Type: Sauce Recipe
Serve With: breaded coconut shrimp
Prep Time: 5 min
Yield: Enough for 20 medium-sized shrimp
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise – I prefer Hellmann’s.
- 1/4 lime – freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut – You may use any type of shredded coconut you desire.
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Malibu Rum
- 1 dash garlic powder
- cracked black pepper – to taste
- 1/2 cup pineapple – finely chopped or crushed
- Combine all ingredients, except pineapple, in a small bowl.
- Whisk together to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Add pineapple and stir in.
- Serve with Breaded Coconut Shrimp & Enjoy!
This was a great result for this on-the-spot recipe without my usual kitchen amenities…like…ingredients! However, it worked out perfectly!
Next time you’re in need of a perfectly delicious sauce, try making Creamy Malibu Coconut Dipping Sauce!
- How to Make Coconut Curry Dip for Seafood
- How to Make Cocktail Sauce for Seafood
- How to Cook Caribbean Style Rainbow Trout Recipe
- How to Make Creamy Tartar Sauce
- Web Chef Review: PBfit Peanut Butter Powder