If you’re considering eating raw oysters for the first time, then you’re probably wondering if they could pose a health risk.
Where do oysters shop? At the mollusk! LOL
All kidding aside…I am not sure who the first person was that looked at an oyster and said, “Mmm, that looks tasty! I want to eat that…” was, but I am certainly glad they were brave enough to do so!
Eating Raw Oysters: What You Should Know
It’s also a good thing that that particular person was not actually allergic to the oyster…It may have been a lost food source, and we would all be missing out on this delicious treat!
Unfortunately, many people are allergic to raw oysters, some extremely allergic.
According to the BeOysterAware.com website, at risk individuals include those with liver disease, iron overload disease, diabetes, cancer, stomach disorders, or conditions that weaken the immune system.
- Raw Oysters on the Half-Shell – Have You Tried One?
- What in the World Would You Like to Find Inside of an Oyster?
- How to Make Oysters on the Half Shell
- Seafood Shack in Dallas – Restaurant Review
- How to Cook Oysters on the Half Shell in a Bamboo Steamer