How to Bake ‘An Apple A Day’ Bread for Your Bread Machine
This bread smells unbelievable! What a treat for breakfast…Set your bread machine late at night for a wonderful morning surprise! ~ Kimberly Edwards 🙂
Serve With: Breakfast with fresh, softened butter
Prep Time: 3 hr, 55 min total
Yield: 1 loaf
1 1/2 cups Bread flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand.
1 cup Whole wheat flour – Organic, if possible
1/2 cup Oats – Organic, if possible
2 tsp Active dry yeast – I prefer Fleischmann’s bread machine yeast.
1/2 cup Water
3 tsp Heavy cream
1 tbsp Thick fruit juice – Apple, or other sweet juice like organic ‘Green Goodness’ – Either from concentrate or just a thick consistency
2 tsp Lemon juice – Sour orange juice works well too (not orange juice that is bad, “sour orange” juice)
1 1/2 whole Apples – Peeled, cored & chopped – I prefer Fuji apples.
2 tbsp Plain yogurt – I prefer Balkan style. Use fruit yogurt if you don’t have plain.
2 tsp Butter – softened
1 1/2 tbsp Honey
2 tsp Molasses
* 1 1/2 tbsp Flax Seeds – * Optional, but I love them!!!
1. Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir.
2. Turn on the machine to the Sweet bread cycle, if you have one.
* Tip: It takes 3 hr, 40 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
3. When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
4. Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
I hope you enjoy this bread machine recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Want to try some more great bread machine recipes? Check out this fabulous book:
[tags]apple, apple bread, bread recipe, bread, bread machine recipe, bread machine[/tags]
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Moroccan Spice Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Cottage Cheese n’ Dill Bread
- How to Bake Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Cranberry Rye Bread in a Bread Machine