Since proper bowel movements are essential to remove toxins & waste from our bodies, we need to take the necessary steps to avoid this condition.
Below, you’ll find 7 natural remedies for constipation.
7 Natural Remedies for Constipation:
An adult human has roughly 7 meters of small intestines for food to pass through successfully, daily.
Chronic constipation can lead to diverticulosis, hemorrhoids, fissures & infections in the bowels. – even bowel obstruction.
In general, plenty of raw, fresh fruits & vegetables, including leafy vegetables, is a great place to start.
Now, it’s always better to avoid constipation in the first place, and these foods will help you with that.
If you are in a predicament already, these foods will assist you with your problem, maybe not straight away, but relief will be on the way…
You already know…If you gotta go, eat some prunes and that will greatly help you. Even if you eat a few prunes a day to keep things regular, as they are full of the fiber necessary to do so.
Prune juice is also a good option, if you would enjoy this method better.
3. Raw Carrots
However, on the flip side, cooked carrots can seem to cause some constipation. Be careful.
Although beans can cause you to be “musical” with your body, they can certain help keep things moving. They are chock full of fiber.
All the way from the Garden of Eden to your present day health regimen, figs are a super source of fiber, softening your waste.
It may not sound like much of a romantic food, but figs are known as being a food aphrodisiac as well.
It was also thought of as an aphrodisiac by the Aztecs, who coined it the “testicle tree.” #fyi
- If constipation persists, such natural remedies like Metamucil and Senekot are helpful. However, unless prescribed by a doctor, these remedies should just be used for a short term.
- It is advisable, if constipation is frequent, to discuss the problem with a physician to be sure the appropriate treatment is used.
- Certain medications, especially those containing Aspirin, are inclined to cause constipation, as well as other medications.
- In children, continual constipation can actually damage their elimination system & it’s important to be sure their diets are well balanced. Raw vegetables & fruit should always be available for children, especially if their parents tend to have a constipation-prone system. Sugars should be limited in children dealing with constipation frequently.
- Constipation can be very painful, especially for children, and it is much more than a tummy ache. Parents need to pay attention to complaints of “tummy aches.” The way we eliminate toxins from our systems is by having at least one bowel movement per day. When we are constipated, we keep those toxins in our bodies, and infections can be a result of this problem.
I hope you find this Health Info helpful on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- The Sproutwells – Veggie Family in the Neighborhood
- How to Use a Bamboo Steamer
- Put Your Shaker on the Shelf for No Salt Week
- How to Use Salt to Season Boiled Food
- How to Cook Stewed Prunes