October is National Pizza Festival Month, and there are a lot of ways to prepare pizzas.
I usually use about 8 inch diameter crusts. I make my own tomato pizza sauce, and for the most part, my pizzas are baked at 400 degrees F for 12 – 14 min.
6 Tasty Pizza Ideas:
- Spread crumbled feta cheese over crust. Tear up basil leaves over top. Add capers & drizzle with olive oil.
- Brush crust with peanut oil. Spread refried beans. Top with Monterrey Jack cheese & jalapeño peppers & cilantro.
- Brush crust with yogurt. Arrange top with tiny lamb or beef meatballs, dark olives & thin slices of onion. Sprinkle with Greek seasonings & a good quality olive oil.
- Brush crust with tomato sauce. Top with thinly sliced tomatoes, crumbled sausage, Italian parsley, Parmesan & other cheese, as desired.
- Brush crust with gravy from a chicken roast. Add shredded chicken. Top with a few frozen cranberries, chunks of brie, and sprinkle a bit of poultry seasoning.
Want to try making your own crust? You can even get help from a mix. Check out Kimberly making Pizza with Wolfgang Puck Pizza Dough Mix:
How exciting will National Pizza Festival Month be?
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy these Pizza Recipes on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- National Sausage Pizza Day: An All-Time Favorite
- How to Bake Classic Pita Pizzas
- National Pizza with Everything (Except Anchovies) Day
- How to Bake Salami, Zucchini & Tomato Pizza with Roberto’s Gluten-Free Crust + Video
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Crab Melt Pita Pizza